Thursday, January 24, 2013

#SCSM: SQL error during SSP (SP1) installation

I needed to reinstall the self service portal today, and ran into this funny:

scsm-sqlerror

Error:

The SQL Server [servername] is not running version SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2012. Please update it to the newest version and retry.

This server purely hosts the SSP role, and no other SCSM components. I haven’t changed any of the configs on this server, other than uninstall the SSP (because I reinstalled SCSM on the management servers), and installation passed the requirements check happily.

After much googling, and even trying some suggestions, I worked around the issue by changing the SQL instance hosting the SharePoint database from the SQL Express installed locally on the server to the SQL instance hosting the ServiceManager database.

DSC_0124

2 comments:

Anthony Stainer said...

Thank you! After banging my head against this for the past hour, I've now realized I'd made exactly the same mistake....

Vanessa Bruwer said...

Cool :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails