Tuesday, March 12, 2013

#SCSM & #SCOrch: Dynamic approvals updated

As mentioned recently, I’ve been working on a way to build dynamic approvals into a Service Request based on certain criteria selected or entered into the form on the SSP.

I have updated the runbook a little, and it now looks like this:

capture-20130326-063549

The additional steps as follows:

  • Create the secondary approval step for the compliance team, so that as soon as the manager approves, the request moves along to the complaince team.
  • Create a related runbook activity, populated with the detail for the runbook that will ultimately create the user account.

I wanted to discuss adding these two steps at this point, so that hopefully someone could learn from my initial flawed thinking. I realised that you cannot add the additional steps once the approval has happened because SCSM marks the request as complete if no activity is defined after the approval step.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails